Global Montessori Academy accepts applications year round. Students are evaluated on the basis of readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. It is equally important to determine whether the parents’ educational philosophy is compatible with that of GMA. Global Montessori Academy has a non-discriminatory policy relative to race, color, national origin and physical handicap with respect to the admission of students and the employment of faculty and administrative staff.
We are currently accepting applications
for the 2016-2017 academic year.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
Please contact our school office at 913-544-1041 for more information.
- Schedule a private tour of our school. Tours are conducted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 9AM and 10:30AM most weeks the school is open. Please email (email@example.com) or call (913-544-1041) to schedule a tour.
- Schedule a classroom observation. This will allow you to experience the classroom environment for yourself and will likely spur more questions. We are very proud of our school and ask that all applicants schedule an observation.
- Submit a completed Admissions Application along with the $60 non-refundable application fee. We are currently accepting applications for the 2016-2017 academic year, giving priority to those applications submitted before February 1, 2017.
- For new students applying for the Elementary Program, at least one shadow day will be required. The student will spend an entire day in the Elementary classroom where they will interact with the other students and be evaluated by Brandy Parr, our lower elementary teacher.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent no later than March 15, 2017.
- Global Montessori Academy accepts children year round as long as there are spots available. As a private, Not For Profit School, we do NOT follow a strict birth date cutoff to determine start dates. We believe that children are individuals and progress at different rates not necessarily tied to a birth date.
- Due to high demand and wait listing for most classes, applications may be carried over year to year.
- Criteria for acceptance will vary by age and may include teacher assessments based on interviews and classroom visits, make-up of current class and available space. Students applying for the Toddler Program do not need to be potty trained. However, students applying for the Children’s House program, ages 3–6, MUST be potty trained at the time of enrollment.